- What's the difference between a credit union and a bank?
- Why do I have to open a share account to join the credit union?
- Is New Century Federal Credit Union federally insured?
- If I change jobs, retire, move or graduate from college, do I have to close my credit union membership
and stop using credit union services?
- What is a Suffix?
- I'm already a member and want to open a new checking account. What forms do I need to fill out?
- How do I reorder checks?
- Will the credit union pay my checks if I don't have funds to cover them?
- How can I make deposits?
- Are cancelled checks returned to me in my statement?
- Can I request an additional Visa card for my account?
- (Visa) What are my responsibilities as a joint applicant?
- Will my credit be checked if I apply for a Secured Visa?
Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that exist only to serve their members. This cooperative structure is why credit unions are tax-exempt. Credit union earnings are used to meet members' needs. A volunteer board of directors is elected by the membership to represent them, and every member has an equal vote regardless of the amount placed in the credit union. There are no outside stockholders in a credit union— only members. Each credit union has a defined field of membership approved by its government regulatory agency.
Banks are in business to make profits for stockholders— the owners of the bank, who may or may not be bank customers. The more shares a stockholder owns, the more control he or she has. Bank boards of directors are paid for their services. Banks serve the general public.
A $25 minimum balance in a regular savings account is required of every member to maintain membership and use credit union services. Members own the credit union, and this $25 is your minimum share.
Ask us about our referral program.
Yes, New Century Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, a US Government Agency.
No, you're a member for life as long as you keep your account active and in good standing. Just call or e-mail us if your situation is changing and you need help with the easiest ways to use your credit union wherever you are.
A suffix is the number given to accounts so we can seperate one from the other. Below is a list of some suffixes the we use:
- 1 - Regular Share Account
- 10 - Money Market
- 25 - Christmas Club
- 30 - Vacation Club
- 40 - Special Savings
- 51 - IRA Share Accounts
- 60 - Special/ Insurance
- 75 - Share Draft Checking
Your loan and certificate suffixes are on your quarterly statements. A number is assigned to each loan and certificate of deposit. Please check you last statement for the suffix for them.
We have a separate form for the share draft accounts. If you have a joint account, both parties on the account must sign the form.
If there are no changes to your personal information there are three ways you can do this;
- Click on the link to the Liberty website and re-order your checks online through them.
- Send in the reorder slip in your checkbook, to any one of New Century's locations.
- Call one of our locations with your information.
If you have any changes to your personal information, fill in the appropriate changes on the check order form and return that form to one of New Century's four locations.
The credit union will transfer funds from accounts that you designate as automatic overdraft sources, usually your Regular Share Account. However, if funds are not available in your Regular Share Account, checks are returned for insufficient funds. A fee of $25 per returned item is assessed. You can easily avoid overdrafts with automatic overdraft protection. Call one of our representatives to find out more.
Paid checks are itemized on your monthly statement but are not sent to you with your statement. If you ever need a copy of a particular check, the fee is only $2 per copy.
Yes, you can request additional cards for the same account. You will be responsible for the charges made with additional cards.
You agree to repay balances on the account.
Yes, as with all credit card applications, we will evaluate your credit worthiness.
- 24 Hour Touch Tone Teller
- Find an ATM
- Share Secure Loans
- New and Used Vehicle Loans
- Personal Signature Loans
- Fixed Rate Home Equity Loans
- Line of Credit Home Equity Loans
- Payroll Deduction
- Two Locations
- Direct Deposit
- Regular Share Accounts
- Share Draft Checking Accounts
- Christmas Club Accounts
- Vacation Accounts
- Special Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- IRA Accounts
- Share Certificates
- VISA Debit Card
- VISA Credit Card
- Payment Calculator
- Retirement Planning Calculator
- Free Notary Service
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance
- Discount Great America Tickets
- Drive-up Convenience at two locations
- Night Deposit at two locations
- No Cost Traveler's Cheques
- New Century Money Orders
- Fax Service for our Members